What Are Alkylglycerols?
Alkylglycerols, or AKG’s are a family of compounds that are essential in stimulating the body’s immune system. They are found in significant amounts in human breast milk, the liver, spleen and bone marrow. Alkylglycerols are active substances that give breast fed babies crucial protection against infections until their own immune systems are fully developed.
Over 45 Years of Clinical Research and Studies
The healing effects of Alkylglycerols on the tissues of the body have been confirmed over the last 45 years by extensive clinical and laboratory research. In 1952 a young Swedish doctor, Astrid Brohult, M.D., discovered that the marrow from bovine bone given to children with leukemia, stimulated their white blood cell production. It was later shown that the stimulating factor was a group of substances know as Alkylglycerols.
ALKYROL® is effective in the following:
- Immuno-stimulating properties
- Enhancement of production of leucocytes, erythrocytes and thrombocytes
- Promotion of healthy cells after damage caused by radiation therapy
- Reduction in the drop of leucocytes usually seen along with chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Bacteriostatic effect on various species of bacteria, anti-viral effect and inhibitory effect on fungi
- Improvement of slow-healing wounds tumor-inhibiting activity
- Elimination of accumulated heavy metals, pesticides and toxins
Alkylglycerols – The Benefits
- aid in improving the body’s immune defense system
- Researchers are looking into the possible effects alkylglycerols may have as a complementary support with traditional cancer therapies
- reducing the side effects related to chemotherapy and radiation treatment, such as a drop in white blood cells
- minimise colds, flu, and chronic infections
- enhance wound healing and improve inflammatory conditions such as asthma, psoriasis and arthritis
- bind heavy metals in the body such as mercury, pesticides and toxins, eliminating them through excretion
Sharks & Immunity
Scientists have been studying sharks and their relationship to the immune system for over 70 years. Virtually all species of sharks are known to have an extraordinary resistance to infections and growth of tumors. In 25 years of marine biology research, the Smithsonian Institute found only one malignant tumor in over 25,000 individual sharks that they studied.
Shark cartilage vs. Shark liver oil
For some time it was thought that the shark’s immunity was associated to its cartilage. However, scientists have proven that it is the oil from the shark’s liver, not the cartilage that contains the Alkylglycerols, which is largely responsible for its incredible immunity. It was also discovered that liver oil from certain deep and cold water sharks, in particular, the Greenland Shark, is exceptionally rich in Alkylglycerols.
THE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS in Alkyrol® are Alkylglycerols, a group of substances, naturally occurring in most mammals in their blood-forming organs (bone marrow, the liver and spleen) and in mother’s milk. The liver of some cold-water, deep sea species of shark have been found to have the highest natural concentration of Alkylglycerols. Alkyrol® contains extensively purified liver oil from the Greenland shark, standardized to contain 20% Alkylglycerols.
In the purification process contaminants such as PCB, pesticides and heavy metals have been removed, as well as unwanted fatty substances such as cholesterol, EPA/DHA (fish oils) and excessive amounts of Vitamin A and D, (“fish liver oil”). One capsule of 250 mg offers 50 mg of alkylglycerols, one capsule of 500 mg offers 100 mg of Alkylglycerols.
For health maintenance and prevention: two (2) ALKYROL® capsules of 250 mg, twice (2x) a day OR one (1) capsule of 500 mg twice (2x) a day.
For therapeutic effect: two (2) ALKYROL® capsules of 250 mg three (3x) times daily OR one (1) ALKYROL® capsule of 500 mg, three (3x) times daily
The gelcaps are to be taken with sufficient liquid at meal times.