For the Optimal Athlete Male Blood Test, your postal pathology kit includes:
- Vacutainer Pack
- Envelope for return postage
- You can pay to have a nurse present to administer the blood withdrawal
Testosterone is important for keeping the less-beneficial estrogen in check. It also helps build muscle mass and strength, and spurs motivation. Men with higher testosterone levels have shown a higher likelihood of winning in competitive sports.
Your hormonal profile will help you know if you have the right balance of hormones to make the most of your training. Overall, this panel will provide information that can help you and your doctor address any nutritional deficiencies, plan strategies for performance improvement and monitor your progress.
Because the Athlete Male requires a venous draw, it is not available as a self-administered, finger-prick home test. However, you can purchase a professional vacutainer kit for a convenient draw by a visiting nurse in the privacy of your home – just choose this option at checkout.
- This blood test is not available as a ‘finger prick’ option
- Your postal kit includes a professional vacutainer kit with instructions for a blood draw plus return postage envelope
- Please refer to the specific instructions in your pack
- The Optimal Athlete Male Blood Test requires you to Fast for 8 hours before bloods are drawn
- 8am to 10am sample draw recommended time
- Bloods must be posted back after bloods are drawn to be received by labs next day
- Results have a turnaround time of 2-3 working days (or less) and results will be delivered to you by email