Testing covers cholesterol and iron levels and enables evaluation of kidney and liver function. It also measures your steroid hormones:
- Oestradiol (a major oestrogen),
- DHEA a precursor of testosterone and oestrogen. It also includes
- SHBG a protein that allows these two hormones to bind, and
- The all-important thyroid hormones, T4 and T3.
Testosterone helps women develop lean muscle mass and strength, and improve metabolic function. Oestrogen may help alleviate the pain of high-intensity training.
The information gained from this test can provide motivation, enable you and your doctor to identify any health risks or hurdles to overcome, and set goals and define strategies for improvement. Retesting provides an ideal method of monitoring your training progress.
Because the Athlete Female requires a venous draw, it is not available as a self-administered, finger-prick home test. However, you can purchase a professional vacutainer kit for a convenient draw by a visiting nurse in the privacy of your home – just choose this option at checkout.
- This blood test is not available as a ‘finger prick’ option
- Your postal kit includes a professional vacutainer kit with instructions for a blood draw plus return postage envelope
- Please refer to the specific instructions in your pack
- The Optimal Athlete Female Blood Test requires you to Fast for 8 hours before bloods are drawn
- 8am to 10am sample draw recommended time
- Must be posted back after bloods are drawn to be received by labs next day
- Bloods must be received by labs next day
- Results have a turnaround time of 2-3 working days (or less) and results will be delivered to you by email