Functions of Brewer’s Yeast in the body
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports overall general health
- Enhances immune system function
- Supports the nervous system
- Enhances the regeneration of cells
- Provides energy
- Enhances and maintains healthy skin, hair, eyes and liver
As a nutritional and antioxidant supplement, brewer’s yeast enhances immune system function.
It may also help to balance and maintain blood sugar levels as it is a rich source of chromium, an essential trace mineral. It is particularly rich in selenium, a powerful antioxidant protecting against free radical damage; protein and vitamin Bs (complex), which can provide you with a ‘pick-you-up’ energy booster.
Potassium, iron, zinc; and magnesium are also found in brewer’s yeast. However, brewer’s yeast doesn’t contain vitamin B12 – an inadequate amount of this vitamin may provoke anemia.
Brewer’s yeast is considered a probiotic therefore, enhances digestive health. Because it contains microorganisms (microflora) it can help maintain a healthy, well-functioning digestive tract. It also helps strengthen the gut’s mucus membrane and helping to keep infections out.
- Individuals taking Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors and people suffering from gout should avoid taking Brewers Yeast
- Brewer’s yeast may cause gas and bloating. Blood pressure interactions are possible if brewer’s yeast is taken while also taking Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors, or MAOIs for depression. Also, brewer’s yeast can also interact with diabetes medications. Brewer’s yeast supplements are best avoided if you are allergic to yeast or prone to yeast infections.
Cellulose, Stearic Acid (vegetable source), Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source) and Silica.
Not manufactured with wheat, soy, corn, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients.
|Amount per serving|
Individuals taking Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors and people suffering from gout should avoid taking Brewers Yeast.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not meant to diagnose‚ treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting this supplement if you are pregnant or if you have a serious medical condition.
Take 3 tablets 3 times a day or as directed by your healthcare professional.
This product is for adults only. Consult a physician if pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition. Do not eat the ‘freshness’ packet.
The FDA has updated labeling regulations and guidelines recently. Under new regulations, the FDA treats each and every dose as a serving there fore the labeling is correct at 66 servings per container. If the full daily dosage is taken, there are 22 days of supplements in each container.
El-Naggar RE, Attia WY.Brewer’s Yeast Supplementation Enhances Immune Response of Aged Mice. Egypt J Immunol. 2015 Jun;22(2):69-79.
Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences. Pol. J. Food Nutr. Sci. 2004, Vol. 13/54, SI 2, pp. 85–87